Pizza Capricciosa is a classic traditional Italian pizza. You will find it on every pizzeria's menu.
170 gr pizza dough (Click here for recipe)
5 tbs extra virgin olive oil
70 gr fresh funghi champignons (cremini mushrooms), sliced
80 ml Tomato Passata or 300 gr crushed canned plum tomatoes
120 gr prosciutto cotto (Italian cooked ham), sliced
2 tsp cappers
1 small onion, sliced
6 anchovies fillets, chopped
1 marinated artichoke, sliced
10 unpitted olives, sliced
1 mozzarella cheese (250 gr)
1 tbs oregano
Few leaves of basil
🍷 Recommended Wine: Pond Paddock Pinot Noir
👩🏻🍳 Cuisine: Italian 🇮🇹
👨👩👧👧 Yield: 4 servings
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
😰 Level: easy
💰 Cost (NZ): $$$$
1. Preheat the oven to 250°C.
2. Roll out the dough into an even layer, place it in an oiled pan.
3. Pour the tomato pulp into a bowl and season with olive oil, oregano, salt pepper.
4. Spread tomato over the pizza dough in an even layer, leaving outer 1 cm rim untopped.
5. Shred the mozzarella and place it in the strainer for a 1-2 minutes.
6. Add the mozzarella.
7. Add the remaining ingredients.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 250°C.
9. Add a few leaves of basil.