Pasta Caprese is a fresh, light, and summer-flavored first course with low calories and low fat.
320 gr of pasta
250 gr of St. Marzano tomatoes
1 tablespoon of dried oregano or 20 fresh basil leaves
250 grams of diced mozzarella
A handful of rocket salad
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
🍷 Recommended Wine: Pond Paddock Zoée Rosé
👩🏻🍳 Cuisine: Italian 🇮🇹
👨👩👧👧 Yield: 4 servings
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
😰 Level: easy
💰 Cost (NZ): $$$$
1. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Dip the tomatoes, one after the other, for about 30 seconds. This will allow them to be peeled more easily. Peel and cut them into 4 parts and remove the seeds; then cut them into dices and put them in a bowl sprinkled with salt.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt to it. Following the suggestions of Chef Davide Scabin (1 liter of water for every 100 grams of pasta), this recipe takes 3.2 liters of water.
3. Pour the pasta when the water boils. Find on the package how many minutes it takes to cook it "al dente".
4. In the meantime, dice the mozzarella.
5. Drain the water from the tomatoes. Add the mozzarella, olives, rocket, olive oil, oregano (or basil), and pepper.
6. When the pasta is cooked, drain it and pour it into a bowl. Pour the dressing over it and mix very well so that the ingredients blend together.
This pasta is delicious served warm or cold as a pasta salad. I advise you not to use buffalo mozzarella as it is too soft.